How to choose a Massage Therapist that is right for you. It is important to choose a Massage Therapist who is properly trained and skilled, someone with whom you can feel comfortable around no matter what therapy is applied. Here are some tips for finding the right massage therapist for you:
- Have an Idea of what type of massage you are looking for, this will help guide you toward the right massage therapist for you.
- Bodywork is both an art and a science. As with any healing art the extent of formal training, years of experience and natural gifts are important when selecting a practitioner.
- Ask/Check the therapist’s background. In Nebraska a therapist must be licensed by the state in order to practice massage.
- Ask or research how long a therapist has been licensed and what training he/she has received. We have this information on our massage therapists provided for you on our website here.
- Ask for personal recommendations from friends or health care providers. Ask what the strengths of the therapist are and where they may not fit with your particular needs.
- Look for affiliations through professional offices. Some doctors and chiropractors employ or refer out to massage therapists.
- Note the attitude of the practitioner and the environment where he/she works. Is he/she professional? Respectful? Most important do you feel comfortable with this person. A practitioner must inspire your confidence and trust.
- Beware a massage therapist who claims they can “cure” you. Massage therapists are not permitted to diagnose illness. Most will agree that their work is geared toward relaxation and/or helping with a particular condition, which enables the body to better heal itself.
How often you receive massage largely depends on your level of stress, amount of physical activity, and need for performance. Regular massage, like regular exercise is an investment in your body. While one session of massage will have a certain impact, massage therapy on an ongoing basis has a cumulative effect. For example, your goal may be to help manage pain and discomfort. If you wait until the pain becomes severe enough to constitute another visit then you probably have waited too long. Regular visits will help your body heal itself better and keep you free from pain. Not only does massage help keep your soft tissues feeling and functioning better, it helps your body relieve and deal with stress, which in some cases can be the underlying cause of many problems. One way to think about achieving your goals with massage is, “Results will show up when you do.”
After a consultation with your massage therapist you will be guided to the massage table along with instructions on how to position yourself. Removing clothing prior to treatment is not necessary, the best approach will be determined by you and your therapist. If you plan to remain clothed be sure to wear loose and comfortable clothing. You may also be asked by your massage therapist to bring shorts and a loose fitting t-shirt for some therapies. You will be draped appropriately at all times by a sheet and warm blanket. Although sometimes it is easier to manipulate soft tissues with direct contact to the skin removing any clothing is not required. It is best to discuss any concerns you may have with your therapist before starting to make sure you are as comfortable as possible.
Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy OUR AGREEMENT Time is precious, we value YOUR time…
- Simple Wellness Massage Therapist agrees to be present, centered, healthy and on time for YOUR Scheduled Appointment.
- YOU agree to show up for scheduled appointment on time, healthy, and hydrated. WE agree to start and end scheduled appointment on time.
- YOU agree to pay for time reserved and/or services received.
- If for any reason YOU are unable to keep scheduled appointment time a 24 hour notice is required.
- If 24 hour notice is not given, YOU gift certificate will be considered redeemed or you will be charged for service in full. An invoice will be issued for service.
- Invoices are due within 1 week of missed appointment time or before next appointment whichever comes first.
- If for any reason a Simple Wellness Massage Therapist must miss YOUR scheduled appointment with less than 24 hour notice WE will reschedule appointment during our regular scheduled time off.
…With this agreement, YOU value our time.
Prices as of Jan 1, 2017
- 90 Minutes of Massage……………$95
- Ben 90 min……………$98
- 75 Minutes of Massage……………$80
- Ben 75 Minutes……..$83
- 60 Minutes of Massage……………$65
- Ben 60 Minutes……..$68
- 45 Minutes of Massage……………$50
- Ben 45 Minutes……..$53
- 30 Minutes of Massage……………$40
- Ben 30 Minutes……..$43
- Online is very easy, very convenient
- By Text Message. Send us a text message with your name and when you would like to schedule. Simple as that. 402.780.1707
- By E-mail – Include the same info as sending a text message except sent through your e-mail account.
- By phone, Talk to us directly or leave a message with a time or day that works best for you so we can be better prepared if we need to call you back.
- Standing appointments. Set up a recurring appointment with Simple Wellness
- Massage at your next appointment.
Tips for making an appointment Online
- There is no need to create an account, just Name, E-mail, and Phone Number is all you need.
- Same day appointments are available by phone or text message. The online system allows you to make an appointment for any time 12 hours in the future.This is so we have time to correct any problems that may arise in the schedule. For example if it is 10pm, the soonest you could make an appointment online would be 10am the following day.
- If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, you have not completed the process correctly and will not have an appointment!
- Sometimes there is a slight hiccup in the system, or if you get disconnected while making an appointment this will temporarily remove that time slot from the schedule. If you go back and see the appointment time you wanted is gone, don’t worry. Wait 10 minutes and then try again. The system blocks that particular time for about 5-10 minutes to make sure there are no double bookings.
- In case you need to change your appointment, there will be a link at the bottom of your confirmation email titled Manage Your Appointment . That will allow you to change your appointment up until 24 hours before you are scheduled .
If you have any questions feel free to call!